We provide FREE outdoor fitness programs for women who are either receiving or have completed treatment for breast cancer.
Our current program will be running for 8 weeks starting Oct. 6, 2016. Participants of varying fitness levels are welcome.
When: Every Thursday morning at 9:00 a.m.
- 45-60 minutes of moderate paced walking (see our Routes page) and some days may include ~15 minutes of interval and strength training exercises!
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. You can register at any time. We will send you an online registration form and waiver to complete before the program start date.
- Participants are encouraged to attend as many sessions as possible. Exercise has been shown to be safe and beneficial for cancer survivors and can help mitigate treatment side effects and improve quality of life.
Where: We will be meeting at the Starbucks at Cambie and 8th (by Home Depot) Please arrive a few minutes early as we will leave right at 9:00 a.m.
Our goal is to walk at a moderate pace however we will have more than one program volunteer present to accommodate varying walking speeds. Also, if you are currently receiving treatment for breast cancer, please ensure that you have spoken with your oncologist about participating in exercise.
A few more details:
- Wear comfortable clothes and appropriate footwear.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early so we can start right on time.
- We will be exercising rain or shine, so please dress appropriately!
We look forward to exercising with you!